POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : persistent bugs? : persistent bugs? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:01:16 EDT (-0400)
  persistent bugs?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 1 Dec 1998 05:02:26
Message: <3663BEA1.492B705D@flash.net>
This isn't a criticism, but rather an observation.

It appears many of the posted bugs, especially those dealing
with the core renderer (.v bug, normal bug, 4-vector bug,
scaled sphere bug, etc), despite the fact that code fixes are posted here,
are ignored.

This, I feel, makes it less likely independent POVers will spend
the time and effort to track down, fix, document, and post these
bug fixes.   Why do so if the effort will result in assistance
to only the lucky few who read the message AND have the compiling
environment to effect the fix?

I realize the POV team is working for free, and I realize managing
POV is an enormous task.  But these bugs are sometimes really
fundamental to the operation of the code, and thus perhaps
any GUI issues should be secondary to their implementation.

Dan

P.S. The reflection bug is quite clear when using

  normal { spiral triangle_wave }

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/